Sunday, July 01, 2007

Moment of Madness.

My apologies go to Mr Tony Springer for bringing this to wider public attention. But I have just read about it in this week's edition of my County Times and I can't resist it.

Biggest cricket match for Montgomeryshire last week was the top of the table clash in the Shropshire Premier League. Pacesetters Newtown were away at second placed Oswestry. The home side batted first and scored 154 for 7 - a good effort on a difficult wicket. Newtown in reply found it tough going and struggled to 117 for 9 with just one ball to go. Tension all around the ground. Could Tony Springer, who had batted well for his 32 not out keep the last ball out and ensure a draw, and keep Newtown on the top of the table. He was run out! I wonder who bought the first round in the bar afterwards. Unless Tony went straight home of course.

No comments: