Wednesday, June 13, 2007

By-Election in Meirionydd?

More gossip from Cardiff Bay. Not sure how credible this is, but heard it from two sources. Been a big swing in favour of the Plaid/Labour Coalition option over the last 24 hours - and the juicy rumour is that if it comes to pass, Elfyn Llwyd is lined up to become Consel General. It was Alex Carlile last week - but I didn't think Alex would be willing to accept the drop in salary!

If this is true, I suppose Elfyn will be naggy that I've made it public. And if I'm wrong, he may give me the Peter Hain treatment and not talk to me for six months.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any ideas for the Welsh Blog Awards 2007?

Anonymous said...

big swing in favour of plaid/labour option over thelast 24 hours. whoever told you that hasnt been talking to labour MPs

Glyn Davies said...

sanddef - what about 'post of the year'.

anon - Labour MPs are all noise and no b**** - sdo Rhodri ha sa green light (I think)

Ian said...

There's only one thing that makes the Welsh Labour MPs jump and that's no. 10, or in this case no. 11.

Glyn Davies said...

But Ian - we still don't know the way they are jumping!