Thursday, November 08, 2007

Ruth Kelly pays up

Readers will know that I become 'outraged of Montgomeryshire' whenever I post on the Communications Allowance that our MPs have awarded themselves. They will know that I regard this £10,000 per year as an 'election expense' by another name. They will know that I believed those who had gone ever more blatantly 'party political' than the rules allowed should have to pay for their glossy literature themselves. Well, I'm pleased to note that today's Daily Mail reports that Labour Minister, Ruth Kelly will now meet the costs of such literature herself. I really do think there should be an investigation into how this allowance has been used - especially the coincidence that all these glossies happened to appear during the last few weeks, just before a General Election was expected.

No comments: