Sunday, November 04, 2007

Baroness Sian of Montgomeryshire

Today's Mail on Sunday is tipping weather-lady, Sian Lloyd (when did she stop being a weather-girl) to become a Baroness. It seems that she is top of Plaid Cymru's first ermine list. Of course she could become Baroness Lloyd of Maesteg, but that wouldn't be nearly as entertaining for us as Baroness Sian of Montgomeryshire. And anyway, she has been closely associated with my old county since she was working for the Development Board for Rural Wales in the 1980s. I must admit that I was amused by this report. However, I suspect that not everyone would share my amusement or pleasure!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hard to imagine that even the Mail on Sunday could get anything this badly wrong.

Glyn Davies said...

anon - you don't say. I must stop believing everything that I read in the MoS!!

Anonymous said...

This is obvioulsy the Mail having a bit of fun at the expense of Plaid. The only possible reason for anyone from Plaid to sit in the Lords would be to become a full time representative for Plaid's views. Sian Lloyd's grandfather was an old fashioned Stalinist who must be spinning in his grave. I suppose that next week the Mail will be arguing that Roumanian migrants need to be represented in the Lords. I'm sure that the MP for Montgomeryshire could help any potential applicant to fill in the necessary form.

Glyn Davies said...

anon - and if I'm honest, I too thought the MoS was having a bit of fun, - and so was I!

Aberavon and Neath Liberal Democrats said...

anon should be aware that, at the time Siân Lloyd first started going out with Lembit, she confessed to the press to supporting Plaid Cymru.