Tuesday, May 20, 2008

'Get Well Soon' my friends.

I ceased to be a Member of the National Assembly for Wales over twelve months ago, but I still feel a part of the place, even if the attachment is by an increasingly long cord. I still think of all the Assembly Members I served with between 1999 and 2007 as colleagues - even those who were not close friends. There's an elment of team loyalty involved. So there's much sympathy when any of them go down with illness. And there seems to be a particularly bad run of it at present. I'm told that last week, Mick Bates was admitted to the Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital for a replacement hip. Last week, Andrew Davies was admitted to hospital as a result of a heart problem, and today we learn that Karen Sinclair is being treated for cancer of the bone marrow. This blog wishes all three well and hopes that they are back in full working order quickly.

No comments: