Thursday, January 11, 2007

Risky Interview Today

I spent an hour with this blog's Journalist of the Year, Martin Shipton this morning. Martin had his recorder on as I talked openly and honestly about the approach I believe the Tories in Wales should be taking to power, coalition and devolution.

I know that not everybody in my own party would agree with everything I was saying - but there is not much point in being in politics without trying to influence things. I gave Martin a lot of material. Be interesrting to see what he makes of it.

However, I fully expect to be demoted to a secondary page - because his next interview was with the Llywydd, probably the most headline-worthy politician in Wales. We shall see. I will post an extended piece on 'Tories Path to Power in Wales' tomorrow.

No comments: