Monday, January 29, 2007

Blog Power

I wonder whether GCSE English exam papers still have a 'precis' question. It used be a major part of the old GCE exam that I sat in 1960. The idea was that we read a few thousand words, and then condensed it to a few hundred. It was a tough exercise which required a genuine understanding of the piece of literature under consideration.

I sometimes 'blog' on subjects like Tir Mynydd, Voluntary Modulation, or CAP reform, simply as an exercise in trying to present complex arguments in a comprehensible way - exactly the same as I did in my GCE English paper all those years ago. And at the time , I thought it was a complete waste of effort! Now, I don't really expect anyone to read these posts - just as I don't expect anyone to listen when I make a speech on these subjects in the National Assembly.

But No. I under-estimate the reach of Blog Power. After I published a post on Tir Mynydd on Saturday (imagining myself to be speaking as if I was the Minister!) in preparation for Assembly discussion to come, I had two telephone calls from wannabe AMs within hours, wanting to discuss the subject - and neither were farmers. So, expect a lot of posts on the intricacies of the Rural Development Plan over the next few weeks. And if you think to yourself "Who the hell will read that". Well, somebody will.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Talking of Blog power, do you have an RSS feed address?

Glyn Davies said...

I haven't got a clue what it is. I will have to check.

Anonymous said...

Cheers. It just means that people can read you through a feed rather than having to visit your blog every time.

Imagine people not being able to keep up with the wisdom of Glyn Davies the second it spews forth into the internet:)

Anonymous said...

http://glyndaviesam.blogspot.com/atom.xml