Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Lesson in Healthcare

No post yesterday. I was otherwise engaged. Went to Hospital where I yielded up a tubeful of blood, was subjected to a series of X-rays, and had a telescope stuck up my todger. Pleased to say that all seemed in order. But being stretched on the same trolley as 4 years ago, when I had a substantial part of anatomy removed or redesigned brought it all back - so much so that my blogging finger froze. While it would be unreasonable to expect every aspirant politician to undergo major surgery and put up with the indignity of the afters, it does give an insight into how important the politics of healthcare is - and what it means for individuals and families.

In passing, as the telescope was passing the prostate as it was wending its way up to the bladder, the consultant apologised for the discomfort and asked me how I was coping. I said that my wife has given birth 4 times - and all 4 were a bloody sight bigger than his telescope. I was not complaining. I am pleased to report that my blogging finger is unfrozen today.

No comments: