Monday, October 13, 2008

Appalling Behaviour

Lib Dem Assembly Member and fellow blogger Peter Black is a cool headed man. I'd never describe him as hyper-sensitive. Always thought it would take a bit to upset him. But it seems that Mr Lembit Opik, MP for Montgomeryshire upset him over the weekend. Peter informs us on his blog today that he is supporting Baroness Ros Scott as his choice to becomePresident of the Liberal Democrats. He assures us that this is nothing whatsoever to do with

"Lembit's attitude and demeaner in Welsh Party Conference yesterday, which in my view was appalling".

Wow. Ouch. Understandably, we all want to know what had taken place. Alas, Peter is not prepared to say more than that

"in a private conversation towards me, he was hostile and aggressive, whilst I did not like the tone of some of his speeches. I also dislike his attitude towards the Welsh Party."

Wow again. Ouch again. Just thought I'd share it with you. Wouldn't want you to miss it.

6 comments:

Peter Black said...

'Lib Dem Assembly Member and fellow blogger Peter Black is a cool headed man.'

er...redhead!!!

Anonymous said...

Can't believe it's taken Peter Black this long to get real about Lembit Opik!

Glyn Davies said...

Peter - I'm, married to a redhead - so I know just how cool headed they can be - or not.

anon - Don't suppose it will bother him though.

Anonymous said...

I think there is more to it here. Looks very much like a deep-seated grudge.

Lembit, for all his faults, is a colourful character, very well known and even well liked by some. Peter, for all his virtues and for all his red headedness, is rather dull, not well known outside the Welsh blogosphere and comes over as a bit of a geek.

Touch of personal jealousy perhaps?

Only a theory.

Glyn Davies said...

anon - Sorry but I don't accept this. I'm tired of writing nice things about political opponents, but Peter Black is one of the most hard-working, fiercely opinionated and respected members of the National Assembly. To those who know him, the theory that he would prone to 'personal jealousy' about not having the same public image is as amusing as it is ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

No, I think you're wrong. Peter Black is astonishingly boring. Lembit, on the other hand, isn't.