Monday, February 16, 2009

Who is in charge!

Just received an email under the heading 'Colonoscopy'. Not sure whether this was a coincidence, or the sender knows that my surgeon intends to inspect the inside of my colon later this week. I will not be allowed anything but water to drink for over 40 hours! This is what this heartless person sent me.

Colonoscopy - The organs of the body were engaged in debate about who called the shots.

"Me" said the brain, "because I run all the body's systems".

"Me" said the blood, "because I circulate the life giving oxygen".

"Me" said the stomach "because I process all the food."

"Me" said the legs "because I carry the body where it wants to go".

"Me" said the eyes "because I allow the body to see where it goes."

"Me" said the rectum "because I remove all the waste."

They all laughed at the rectum, so it got into a huff and closed down.

In a few days the brain had a terrible headache, the stomach was bloated, the legs were wobbly,, the blood was toxic and the eyes were watery. In desperation they were all forced to agree that the rectum was top dog. This goes to prove that no matter who does all the work, its usually the a******* who's in charge. This story was started by a member of Gordon Brown's cabinet.

As it happens, my surgeon removed my rectum six years ago, so I suppose no-one is in charge of my body! Anyway, its my birthday today so we're off out for a slap-up meal. So no blogging until tomorrow night. I suppose its the last proper meal I'm going to have for a while.

10 comments:

GWILYM EUROS ROBERTS said...

Penblwydd Hapus Glyn!

You're in fine fettle for a 70 year old ;-))
Hope the meal was lovely.

Cofion gorau,
Gwilym

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Casting stones in a glass house again Glyn. Bourne supports a Welsh Parliament with Scottish style powers, Cameron (Vale question and answer session yesterday) rules it out. Who is in charge of the Welsh Conservative Party these days?

Ultimately the Anglo centric prejudice in your party will prevail as always. Seems slippery Cameron has momentarily dropped his guard and for once given a truthful answer to a straight question. Under the thin facade of centralism and Blairtie policy headlines the old Tory party lurks as unreconstructed as ever.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Glyn, and may you have many more!!
Good Luck with the colonoscopy!

Dr. Christopher Wood said...

Happy belated beeD.

Just remember, politicians of a certain age should make one candle equal 10 candles. That way you will never be out of your teen years ... until you reach the fine old age of 20!

Benny said...

Happy Birthday Glyn!

Glyn Davies said...

Gwilym Euros - Gobeithio dydw i ddim yn edrych mor oed. Dw i wedi bod allan chwarae sboncen prynhawn ma!

Patriot - I wasn't there, but I'm told that the Cameron comments were in response to a question about a law making, tax raising Parliament. Anyway, I don't think there is any dispute about there being differing attitudes within our party. I've tried to be as clear as I can about my opinion.

All - Thanks for the birthday greetings. The colonoscopy is on Thursday. I will post about the gory details, though not that gory on the grounds that my colon will be pristine empty!!

Anonymous said...

Bob lwc Glyn

Anonymous said...

Just doing you bloggers a social service. 'Welsh Ramblimgs' trying to get your attention Glyn:

'It doesn't surprise me in the least that Tory candidate for Montgomeryshire Glyn Davies hasn't managed to coax the courage up to blog on Cameron's view that Wales shouldn't have a real Parliament like Scotland's (Cameron's comments have been reported here and here).

Surely there comes a point when a self-proclaimed pro-devolutionist, like Glyn, either: (i) admits that he will stay in the Tory party despite the fact that it officially opposes a full law-making Assembly (in other words, devolution really doesn't matter as much to him); or (ii) he realises that the Conservative Party is not a party that properly reflects his views, stays true to his views and leaves.

Now Glyn Davies is nothing but a slippery character (I mean that in the nicest possible way) - he always manages to find a convenient semantic solution to these problems, so feel free to try Glyn...'

I will charge no fees for this service......

Glyn Davies said...

Patriot - I may well accept the challenge. Didn't realise this was an issue until I checked my blog tonight. Despite being out and about quite a bit, I have not heard a single person mention it.