Thursday, February 21, 2008

Hitting the Spot

My subject today is sex education. I accept that things have moved on since I was an innocent country lad at secondary school, when the only lessons in human reproduction and associated matters available to us were conducted informally behind 'the bike shed'. This should not be taken literally because I don't remember there actually being a bike shed at Llanfair Caereinion High School when I was there. Though when I cast my mind back, there was an old tin shed where the lawn mowers etc. were kept, which may well have served the same purpose.

Anyway I called in for a chat with Mr Toal, the headmaster of Welshpool High School today, just to keep myself briefed on current education matters. In passing I did mention the local fame he achieved when he supposedly banned the distribution of condoms to sixth formers prior to each weekend a month or so ago. It seems that the packs were being distributed by a voluntary body and contained 6 condoms in 3 separate 'flavours', together with lubricant. I refrained from asking if they were chocolate, strawberry and vanilla! Things have indeed moved on since my schooldays. During the fuss, concerned parents were writing to the paper, protesting that Mr Toal was as good as encouraging teenage pregnancies. Call me an old fashioned reactionary if you must, but all I can say is that I found Mr Toal to be an extremely responsible headmaster, who was concerned for the welfare of the children in his charge, and who was concerned about a voluntary body coming onto school premises to distribute its weekend packs.

In any case, who needs a bike shed when the Daily Telegraph will tell you all you could possibly want to know - and more. There was an article today about 'the secrets of the G spot. Is nothing sacred? I've heard about these G spot things before and I didn't know if they actually existed. Its one of those things only women know and talk about. But it seems that Dr Jannini of the University of L'Aquiela in Italy has found a method of tracking them down. So far his research has been confined to just 20 ladies, so he is planning a larger scale trial. I'm 'guesting' for the Assembly rugby team against the Italian Parliament team tomorrow night, under lights at Heol y Ciw RUFC ground. At least we'll have something to talk about after the game.

No comments: