Sunday, February 03, 2008

Barbados Revisited


Family birthday weekend. No 2 son, Patrick, No 3 son, Tim and I all have our birthdays close together, so we usually open presents together. Barbados memorabilia dominated. One of my presents was a CD by Freddie Macgreggor called Lover's Rock. Its a slow reggae style that will be perfect on a hot summer's evening with a rum punch. We met Freddie Macgreggor when he and his band sat on the next table to us when he was in Barbados to support David Thompson, who has just become the new Prime Minister. We were told that he is a big star in the reggae world. Our recent holiday in Barbados is not the sort of thing we do very often and it will be nice to bring back the memories of a special 10 days. I've been looking through the photographs to find one that said something about the non-tourism side of Barbados. These women were at work in the sugar cane fields. I asked permission before I took it. It should have been in sepia.

No comments: