Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Into the Lion's Den

Off to Cardiff early tomorrow morning. I'm speaking at a conference arranged by the British Wind Energy Association. Regular readers of this blog will know that I'm sceptical about whether on shore wind farms justify the damage that they inflict on the landscape. I do not expect that anyone else in the entire room, and I'm told to expect 250, will agree with me about this. So what am I doing there you might ask.

I'm going because no-one else was going to fly the Conservative banner. Everyone else was otherwise committed. I can see that it might be outside what might be considered the 'comfort zone' but it seems to me that this conference is exactly the sort of forum we should be engaging with. I suspect it will be the first time that the President of the Campaign for the Protection of Rural Wales will have entered this particular Lion's Den though. I'll report back on how it went tomorrow night - assuming nothing untoward happens to me. Perhaps I should wear a sticker stating that 'My name's Daniel'
.

6 comments:

frankie said...

Good luck Glyn - remember there are many people who share your views and will give you 100% support. But I fear what you have to say will fall on deaf ears.

Glyn Davies said...

Frankie - I survived, and hope to post later on tonight.

Anonymous said...

also reeber Glyn that their are many whodisagree and think unelected groups such as the CPRW are doing a great dis service to mid wales with this stance.

Glyn Davies said...

Anon - And what exactly do you disagree with?

astabirs said...

Hazard a guess Glyn that Anon (9:53) would disgree with the idea that the chicken came before the egg and vice versa. Tee tee tum.

Anonymous said...

we've discussed this before Glyn, (anon 9:53) I value jobs and employment for local people in Wales, done properly wind farms and the associated infrastructure are not so bad and they can support local economies if we take he lead.
The CPRW and such groups are often preserving a countryside for tourists and as a playground for others. The indiginous population need more help - well those that are left do.