Friday, November 19, 2010

Reassuring words from the Director General.

Would like to have heard Mark Thompson's speech today. Over recent days, I've spoken with different BBC people, and all are committed to a strong 'Independent' Welsh Language channel. While there remain points to be resolved, the BBC Online report here gives us the flavour of what the Director General said about S4C. I very much approve. Of course its not going to be enough for some people, who seem to be rather keen on 'bashing' the Conservatives. The reference to a 'BBC - Tory pact' will cause some incredulity amongst both the Conservative Party and the BBC - I suppose there was an agreement between Ian Paisley and Martin McGuinness in the end. Anyway, I never take offence about this sort of thing. The objective is too important. I just keep on doing my best for the creation of a vibrant, successful, independent S4C.

No comments: