Thursday, January 22, 2009

Little Ffion's in trouble with the Police

Not much time for my blog tonight. Been in Ynys Mon most of the day at a meeting at the Anglesey Arms. Regular visitors will know that I chair the Wales Advisory Board of a care services company called the Europeancare Group. Much discussion about whether and how an 'independent advocacy scheme' can be introduced in addition to the increasing awareness of the issue within the care sector. Our view is that every resident should have a voice that is listened to. Its translating that laudable desire into practical delivery that's not straight forward. And I'm back in North Wales tomorrow to chair a conference arranged by RESEC, a charity which promotes research into specialist elderly care. So a quick post whie I flick between Dragon's Eye and Newsnight.

But I did make it home in time to be present for the ocassion of our little granddaughter, Ffion's first 'interview' with the Police. Without anyone's knowledge, she dialled 999 and pressed the connect button. We have no idea what she told the boys in blue, but it instigated the immediately dispatch of a unit (2 officers in an unmarked car) to our house to investigate. Nothing I could do but apologise profusely. Gratefully, the blue flashing light was not on when the police car screamed up to our front door. The officers reassured me that they were travelling from Newtown to Welshpool at the time, so Ffion could not be charged with wasting police time. I don't know whether she now has a police record. It probably would be something of a record if she has, since she's only 15 months old.

anyway, since I have to in Bangor soon after 8.00 in the morning, so I'm off to bed without responding to comments. Sorry.


Frank H Little said...

Did the police take her DNA? Or yours, for that matter?

Anonymous said...

If I was you Glynn, I would suggest she doesn't take a rucksack to school/nursery for the rest of this term!

Glyn Davies said...

Anon - She's only 15 months old!!