Thursday, May 21, 2009

My Favourite Plant


While the political chaos in which our MPs are embroiled continues unabated, tomorrow afternoon I'll be retreating into our garden - preparing for my first garden visit of the year. Llanerfyl Merched Y Wawr are coming for a walk around Cil Farm garden. I will be the guide. I'm hoping that its a nice day, so that I can at least run the mulcher over the lawns. Although the garden is bedecked with a fine display of weeds (because I've been so otherwise occupied over the last three months), the Azaleas are out in all of their glory. I'm often asked which is my favourite plant in the garden. There are lots of contenders, but the winner over a twelve month period is Cornus contoversa variagata. Its looks really good this time of year. Its a bit pricey, but worth it. Its size can be assessed by relating it to the suitably sited fork.

No comments: