Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Just me supporting George Osborne again.

Still reading and hearing a few negative comments about George Osborne - though far less than had been the case. Personally, I think these comments are either born of an ingrained anti-Conservative prejudice, or are very difficult to understand. As readers know, I have a high opinion of George Osborne, and also believe that the populist Vince Cable is grossly over-rated (though I would not say I have a low opinion of him). I thought, as did Michael Crick on Newsnight, that Gearge Osborne gained most from the Channel 4 programme. Every one of those who have spoken negatively about the Shadow Chancellor directly to me, have had to concede that they didn't actually watch the 'Chancellor's Debate' earlier this week. While it doesn't prove much either way, this makes interesting reading. Anyway, similar things were being said about Margaret Thatcher in 1978.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blog, since I am interested in Wales. You seem to have a loyal following. I recently found out a lot of information about the National Museum Wales. I learned about the museum at school, so I went to the Web site. The Web site has a ton of valuable information and taught me so much about Welsh people.The National Museum Wales has a total of seven museums. Each museum explores a different part of Welsh culture. Have you ever been to the National Museum Wales? What was your favorite part?